Border/Customs Information

Visitors from the United States currently do not need a passport to enter into Canada. US citizens will however, need proof of citizenship. A US birth certificate, Certificate of Citizenship, or Certificate of Naturalization, are all considered valid documentation. You will also need valid photo identification such as a drivers licence.

Visitors from outside of North America must have a valid passport to enter into Canada. A valid VISA may also be required.

Please note when travelling with children you should carry valid identification for each child. Adults travelling with children other than their own must have written consent from the parent or guardian stating that they have permission to be travelling with the children.

Visitors bringing their pets with them will require documentation as well. Dogs and cats that are at least three months old need valid certificates from their veterinarian confirming that they have been vaccinated against rabies within the last three years. Dogs and cats that are younger than three months old do not need a rabies vaccination certificate to enter into Canada.

Visitors to Canada who have a criminal record will be refused entry into the country. This includes offences for driving while under the influence.